After some careful consideration, I decided it’s time to remove the intake manifold so I can fix up the vacuum leaks properly and also replace the engine wiring loom.

The removal of the manifold only took around 2 hours and was relatively uneventful. I followed this guide which was fantastic and even had all the socket sizes to use:

I took photos at each stage so you can see below.

The only 2 issues I encountered were:

  1. The bolt that attaches the throttle spool bracket to the thermostat sheered
  2. Someone has snapped the head off one of the manifold bolts, and just put a nut on it instead of replacing it.

Someone has had the manifold off before, as most of the bolts were missing their washers and quite a few of them were’t tight at all.