The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated!

So after all the issues with getting that damn suspension spring back in, I took a bit of a break from working on the DeLorean. After a while I had someone come to see her, so thought I’d start her up to show off my handiwork on the engine but as soon as I turned the ignition key, I heard fuel spraying from somewhere…

It seems one of the hoses on the accumulator in the middle of the frame had come loose and was leaking fuel. These few setbacks as well as getting very busy with work (I was out of town a lot) I just didn’t have time to work on the car. As you know with these kinds of projects, once you drift away, it is hard to come back to it.

At the end of last year I looked around to get some help with some of the things I couldn’t do myself, such as the panels and the interior. After the whole carry-on with the suspension, I also wanted a hand with replacing all the bushings. I came across a local company Leitch Motorsport and Restoration who have experience with the Bosch K-Jetronic fuel injection system.

Barry came to pick the car up at the end of last year and stored it until they had time/space to start on the DMC.

This week, They got to working on the car, and I have to say, despite only being a week in, they have made some fantastic progress already!

The dent on the passenger side rear quarter panel is almost gone and even though it looks much better than it did, they are going to do some more work on it to make it less noticeable.

There was some bad-ish news though, They found some surface rust on the frame. I knew there was a bit of rust here and there which wasn’t a major issue at the time (Obviously this needs fixed as frame rust is the Achilles heal of the DMC), They found some in the engine bay which I hadn’t noticed.

The only way to get to the patch was to remove the engine and transmission, which they did in a few hours. They will give the engine a leakdown test as well, to see what state the engine is really in.